Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Complacency

In past times when I used to try to talk of  banal subjects such as energy use, resources and Governments, the emotion I most frequently encountered was complacency, followed by ridicule, especially by the middle classes.

Being solidly working class, I believe I have some sort of 'muscle-memory' of previous periods of being used and abused by the Power-that-be - like all of history, for example.

Unfortunately I think the complacency of the middle classes will be their downfall - they will not realise that their hard-earned assets are going to go up in smoke, very soon, and that they should have done something earlier to safe-guard themselves and their wealth. The main problem, it seems to me, is they trust their Governments.

I wonder why?

No comments:

Post a Comment